This dish is great as dinner on any busy weekday. But it also packs well as your child's lunch in school.
for the marinade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp red cane vinegar
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp barbecue marinade
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 250g sirloin beef steak, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp butter
- 100g baby corn
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Canola oil
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Black and white sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- To make the marinade, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Marinate beef and place in refrigerator overnight.
- In a pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Separate beef and marinade. Fry beef in pan until caramelized on either side. Pour in marinade and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat butter in another pan. Stir-fry corn. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve beef and corn with rice. Top with sesame seeds.
Serve this dish with a glass of Lactum 3+/6+. With essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid, Lactum 3+/6+ is made even healthier with Healthy-Nutri Blend** so you can help give your child 100% nourishment* and more.
*with 3 balanced meals a day
**Fiber, 25% Lower Sucrose vs. previous formulation, Healthy Calorie Blend in line with expert recommendation (WHO/FAO 2003. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. WHO: Geneva)"