Prepare this delicious snack for your busy kids. Even if they are in school, you know that they are eating healthy even if they are not at home.
- 1½ cups 100% tropical mango juice blend, divided (you can also use mango juice or orange juice)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a blender, blend together 1 cup of juice and the frozen fruit until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to break up any frothy bubbles.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ½ cup juice in a large bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin over the juice and let stand 1 minute. Add the hot juice mixture and stir, or gently whisk, until the gelatin completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sugar.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan or dish. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Cut into 24, 2 x 1⅓-inch rectangles (use an off-set spatula to remove them from the pan).
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day