Mommies, for your kids on-the-go, try to make your own healthy hash browns! This way, you are sure that your child's favourite snack is a nutritious one and not the same junk food they could easily buy in food chains.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoned vinegar
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1 head of butter lettuce, rinsed, leaves separated
- Place the ground chicken, soy sauce, and corn starch in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
- Prepare a wok or a large sauté pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the oil then onions and sauté until tender.
- Increase the heat to high and add the ground chicken, soy sauce and corn starch mixture. Break up the ground chicken and spread around the pan. Stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the seasoned vinegar, and diced mango.
- Remove from heat. Adjust seasonings (vinegar, soy sauce) to taste.
- Scoop spoonfuls into the cups formed by the lettuce leaves to serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day