A picky eater's favorite protein may be combined with veggies in this stir-fry recipe best served with fluffy white rice.
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 kilo chicken breast fillets, skin removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 stalks onion leeks, sliced
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup tofu, cubed
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- Ground pepper, to season
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and saute for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Add in leeks, and sauté. Add mushrooms, sugar, and soy sauce. Combine ingredients well.
- Add tofu, mixing gently to prevent it from crumbling. Thicken sauce with cornstarch. Allow to simmer. Season with pepper.
This dish is best with partnered with Lactum 3+/6+. With essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid, Lactum 3+/6+ is made even healthier with Healthy-Nutri Blend** so you can help give your child 100%
*with 3 balanced meals a day**Fiber, 25% Lower Sucrose vs. previous formulation, Healthy Calorie Blend in line with expert recommendation (WHO/FAO 2003. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. WHO: Geneva)"