Mommies did you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day especially for growing kids? Kailangan nila ang good nutrition sa simula pa lang ng araw para may energy sila to face the day ahead of them lalo na if your kid is going to school already.
Pero what if in the morning, they wake up and they say that they're not hungry kaya ayaw nila kumain? Paano mo siya mae-encourage to eat? Here are some good advice you can follow:
1. Try different foods. May mga times na nagsasawa na ang bata sa usual breakfast food that you serve in the morning, kaya a great way to encourage them to eat breakfast is to give them different types of breakfast food. You can research the different breakfast food of various countries all over the globe and then you can dedicate a month trying out new tastes. Surprising your kid from time to time with new dishes will surely get them excited for breakfast! Just make sure mommies na meron itong good nutrition na makakatulong for your kids.
2. Set a morning routine. If your kid is always rushing in the morning kaya hindi nakakain ng breakfast, try to wake them up earlier. Magset ng specific time in the morning to wake your kid up and you can have him or her do an activity that will help them work out an appetite tulad ng walking the dog together with you in that extra time. But syempre that also means getting them to sleep earlier at night para di naman sila magkulang sa tulog.
3. Ask your kid what he/she wants. Another great way to encourage your children to eat breakfast is to ask them what they want to eat. Just make sure na meron kayong set rules about food para ma-manage din ang kanyang expectation na hindi pwedeng palaging chocolate waffles nalang ang kakainin sa umaga at ma-maintain ang good nutrition sa kanyang katawan. You can ask him or her to choose kung anung juice drink ang gusto niya inumin o kaya naman kung anung cereal ang gusto niyang kainin. When you give your child the leeway to pick the food he/she wants, it will be easier na mapakain sila in the morning kasi gusto nila ang kanilang pagkain
4. Think of a breakfast game. Kids love fun and games di ba? So a creative approach to getting them to eat breakfast is to have a little game. Pwedeng ang unang makaubos ng pagkain or ang pinakamaraming kainin sa mga pagkain na hindi nila usually kinakain, may points which will lead to an ultimate prize. Pwedeng ang prize is new plates or glasses or fun straws. Pwede ding pancakes for breakfast sa weekend. The idea is dapat yung prize may kinalaman pa rin sa breakfast para ma-reinforce sa kanila the importance of this meal of its good nutrition.
5. Make breakfast on the go. Kung minsan, may mga panahon talagang sobrang nagmamadali na and there's no more time to sit down to eat a full breakfast meal. Para hindi pa din ma-skip ng iyong kid ang most important meal of the day, make breakfast on the go, the type na pwede nilang gawing baon at kainin papuntang school. Ang fruits like apples, bananas, yoghurt o kaya naman a whole wheat bread with cheese and leafy greens ay ilan lang sa mga healthy suggestions that you can try.
Para lalong makasigurado that your kids are getting all the good nutrition that they need to get them through the day, give them Lactum 3+ or 6+ milk that will help in providing 100% nourishment* for your child. Ang Lactum ay may Appetite Support Nutrients** gaya ng like Zinc, Iron, Folic Acid, Thiamin and Vitamin B12, helping your child become a 100% nourished kid.
*With three balanced meals a day
**High source of Zinc, Iron, Folic Acid, Thiamin and Vitamin B12 for children with poor appetite caused by deficiency of these nutrients