Healthy Chicken Sopas
Fight the season's chill with a hot meal that is loaded with healthy ingredients and tasty too! Help your kids be ready for whatever the day throws at them when you serve this for breakfast. It goes best with a glass of Lactum 3+/6+ to help meet the daily recommended dairy requirement for 100% nourishment*!
1. Boil macaroni until al dente, then set aside.
2. Boil chicken breast in low to medium heat for 45 minutes or until tender, then shred.
3. Mince onion and garlic, and sauté in olive oil until caramelized.
4. Dice carrot, bell pepper and celery, place in a pot with shredded chicken, chicken stock cubes and water, and place over medium heat until boiling.
5. Season gently with salt and pepper.
6. Add macaroni and reduce heat after a few minutes.
7. Add milk and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
8. Add thinly sliced cabbage and stir for a minute.
9. Remove from heat and serve.
*With 3 balanced meals a day
Find out what Judy Ann and Lucho do on cold days! Click Here!
Learn why kids should start their day with hot meals! Click Here!