Spaghetti ala Tuna
Tuna isn't just a tasty fish; it is loaded with heart-friendly benefits too! Tuna is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids that support heart health by helping reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Your kids are sure to enjoy tuna pasta, but don't forget to serve it with a glass of Lactum 3+/6+ to help provide 100% nourishment*!
1 can tuna in olive oil (light)
1 can whole peeled tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
500g spaghetti noodles
3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Remove the tuna from the can (save the oil) and set aside.
- Heat 1tbsp of the tuna oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and stir gently for 30 seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Mix in tuna, stir gently for 1 minute and set aside.
- Cook spaghetti in a pot according to package directions.
- Drain water from the pot and add the sauce and parsley.
- Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve topped with grated cheese.
Makes about 4 servings.