Introduce a different, but nutritious dinner to your picky eater. This recipe is one smart way to get your child to eat more veggies!
- 500g extra lean ground pork
- 8 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 cucumber, ends trimmed, grated coarsely
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 8 button mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 white onion, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes until onion becomes soft. Add pork to the pan; make sure to break up any lumps that form. Cook until the pork changes color and is completely cooked; about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, carrot, and cucumber. Cook until carrot becomes tender. Add hoisin sauce and continue cooking until it is heated completely, about 2 minutes.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on a plate. Scoop up a serving of the pork mixture and place on the lettuce. Repeat this step for the rest of the ingredients. Serve.
Pair this snack with a glass of Lactum 3+/6+ to create a 100% nourishing meal. Lactum 3+/6+, with essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid, is now made even healthier with Healthy-Nutri Blend* to help make your child 100% nourished** and more. So moms like you can be 100% panatag!
*Fiber, Lower Added Sucrose, Healthy Calorie Blend in line with expert recommendation (WHO/FAO 2003. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Joint WHO/FAO Expert consultation. WHO. Geneva)
**with 3 balanced meals a day