Cook up this quick and nourishing dinner on a busy weekday. Its familiar flavors help to get your picky eater eating mouthfuls!
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups skinless chicken breasts, roasted and chopped
- 1 pack frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 can low-salt fat-free chicken broth
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 6-inch tortillas cut into ½-inch strips
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the onion and sauté until translucent and tender. Add chicken and vegetables. Stir constantly until completely heated.
- Combine water, flour, and chicken broth. Pour over chicken and vegetables in the saucepan. Add salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow it to simmer for 3 minutes. Add the tortilla strips and cook until it softens. Remove from heat, then, stir in parsley. Remove bay leaf. Serve.
Don't forget to serve Lactum 3+ or 6+ with your child's meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid to help make your child 100% nourished*. Para ikaw, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day