Orange and heartwarming—this delightful soup is nourishing and very easy to cook. Its color also works well to attract your little one during mealtime!
- ½ kilo sweet potato, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Herbed croutons or coated nuts, as topping
- In a saucepan, heat oil and sauté celery and onions until fragrant and tender.
- Add sweet potatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes. Add in the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- On medium-low heat, allow pot to simmer for 25-30 minutes until sweet potatoes become tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Let pot cool for about 5 minutes. Blend batches of the soup until smooth in a blender. Pour soup back in pot and boil.
- Serve soup in individual bowls and top with nuts or croutons.
Serve this soup with a glass of Lactum 3+/6+! With essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid, Lactum 3+/6+ is now made even healthier* with Healthy Nutri-Blend* to help make your child 100% nourished** in a healthier way!
*Fiber, 25% Lower Sucrose vs. previous formulation, Healthy Calorie Blend in line with expert recommendation (WHO/FAO 2003. Diet, nutrition and the prevention of chronic diseases. Joint WHO/FAO Expert Consultation. WHO: Geneva)
**with 3 balanced meals a day