How about a treat that packs in yummy childhood favorites? Even a distracted eater can't say no to this.
- 1 C quick cooking oatmeal
- ¼ C raisins
- ¼ C mini chocolate chips
- ¼ C lightly salted dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 C creamy natural peanut butter
- ¼ C powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ C rice crispy cereal
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a medium saucepan. Remove pan from heat then stir in peanut butter, powdered sugar, honey, and vanilla. Add cereal and oatmeal and mix thoroughly. Allow mixture to cool.
- Fold in raisins and chocolate chips into the mixture. Form it into 1-inch balls, then, roll each on to chopped peanuts. Chill the peanut butter and oat balls in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day