Busy kids have little time to sit down to eat a healthy full meal. A vegetable soup is a highly recommended recipe by Lactum for moms who want to provide the proper child nourishment to their always on-the-go kids.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups mixed vegetables: cauliflower, peas, potatoes, carrots, beans, broccoli
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put 2/3 of the vegetables in a blender.
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces. Steam until cooked.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over low heat and stir in flour to form a paste. Gradually add the milk and stir until smooth, increasing the heat until boiling.
- Reduce heat and add pureed vegetables.
- Blend in the remaining steamed vegetables and add salt and pepper to taste.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition).Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.