Pagdating sa nutrition for kids who are picky eaters, mealtimes are always a challenge in the household. Worry no more , mommies! Try this healthy recipe suggestion from Lactum: Tuna Fishcakes.
- 4 hard boiled eggs (shelled)
- 6 cups cooked potatoes, bite sized slices
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup raisin
- Salt and pepper
- In another pan, boil the broccoli for 2 minutes, then add the peas and cook for another 3 minutes then drain.
- Put the potatoes into a large pan. Cover with cold water and wait until it boils and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, put them back into the dry pan with half the lemon rind, all the juice, butter, and salt and pepper. Mash until smooth. Mix the tuna, broccoli, and peas into the potatoes.
- Spoon the mixture into eight mounds on a chopping board. Leave to cool then your hands and shape the mixture into rounds.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Coat the fishcakes first in egg then in breadcrumbs. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the fishcakes for 5-6 minutes, turning once until golden on both sides.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Kids' Food (2007). United Kingdom: Octopus Publishing Group