Satisfy your picky eater's craving by slowly introducing him to new ingredients and at the same time providing him with familiar tastes. Try this Tropical Fruit in Ginger Syrup recipe recommended by Lactum 3+/6+!
- 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oranges
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 banana, sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut (optional), toasted
- In a medium saucepan, bring ginger, sugar, and 1 cup water to a boil over medium-high and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- With a knife, slice off ends of oranges. Following curve of fruit, cut away peel and white pith; cut fruit crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine oranges, mango, and banana.
- Pour ginger syrup over fruit and let sit 10 minutes. Serve fruit with a little syrup and toasted coconut if desired.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day