Kids who are picky eaters are the most challenging to feed especially when moms want to ensure complete nutrition for their kids. How to deal with this challenge? Try Lactum's Tomato Soup recipe, an easy favorite with everyone because it's sweet, juicy and absolutely delicious and nutritious! It's also very filling because tomatoes have relatively high water content.
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add onion. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring well.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Slowly add the salt, broth and pepper, stirring constantly. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put mixture into blender. Blend at high speed for 1 minute.
- Return to sauce pan and add milk. Heat through and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with parsley and whole wheat croutons (optional).
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.