Fulfill your picky eater's craving for a sweet, sour, bitter and salty mealtime dish with this Sweet and Sour Green Cabbage with Bacon! It's tasty, delicious and healthy all at the same time!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head green cabbage, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- In a heavy pot, heat oil over medium-high and cook bacon, stirring, until browned and crisp, 6 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate.
- Add onion and cabbage to pot and cook, stirring, until cabbage is wilted, 10 minutes. Add vinegar, sugar, and soy sauce and cook until cabbage is crisp-tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in bacon and carrots. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day