A picky eater will be well on his way to getting proper nutrition when served with nutritious yet delightful options like this!
- 1 ¾ sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus extra to grease pan
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 10-12-ounce jar strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a small amount of butter to grease a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix butter, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and oatmeal. Press half of the mixture into the pan. Add a thin layer of strawberry jam. Sprinkle the rest of the oatmeal mixture over the layer of jam and lightly pat.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until it turns light brown.
- Place pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then cut into squares. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day