Get a distracted eater focused on eating with this delicious and nutritious dinner. Letting him fix up his own food will surely get him engaged too!
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken thighs, deboned and skinless
- 12 6-inch white corn tortillas
- cooking spray
- ¼ cup cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- low-fat sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first four ingredients together. Rub it over the chicken.
- Spray a prepared grill with cooking spray. Place chicken. Grill for 10 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes. Chop into small pieces.
- Heat the tortillas following directions on the package.
- Place tortillas, chicken, cabbage, cheese, and sour cream in separate serving plates or bowls. Arrange on the table for everyone to assemble their own tacos.
Don't forget to serve Lactum 3+ or 6+ with your child's meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid to help make your child 100% nourished*.
*with 3 balanced meals a day