Create a delectable veggie treat for your kids! Make this simple but deliciousSicilian Cauliflower and see how your picky eater munches it all down!
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups Vidalia onions, diced
- 1 pound crushed tomatoes, canned, low sodium
- 1 cup vegetable broth, low sodium, or water (if you don't have the broth)
- 1 large head of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook olive oil and garlic for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, and cauliflower florets. Stir thoroughly and bring to a boil then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- In a separate pan, brown ground beef, drain fat and set aside.
- Once cauliflower is ready (if you can place a fork through it you know it is done), add browned ground beef, and fresh herbs. Stir and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Scoop one serving into individual bowls and top with fresh Parmesan cheese.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day