It's yummy, nourishing and easy to eat. These pick-and-chomp shrimps recipe is perfect for your child's baon or week night dinner!
- ¼ kilo large shrimps
- ¾ cup garlic peanuts
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to season
- Lime wedges to squeeze
- Peel and devein shrimps. Leave tails attached.
- Dry shrimps by patting them with a table napkin or paper towel. Place shrimps on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine peanuts and coconut in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Get three bowls. In the first, put flour seasoned with salt and pepper. In the second, mix beaten egg and lime juice. In the third, put the peanut and coconut mixture.
- Dip each shrimp in the first, the second, and the third bowl, one after the other, in the said order.
- Deep-fry shrimps in hot oil for about 3 minutes or until golden. Serve with lime wedges.
Don't forget to pair this meal with Lactum 3+/6+. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid to help make your child 100% nourished*. Para ikaw mommy, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day