Get your kids to be imaginative—and hungry—with this colourful Rainbow Pastafilled with nutritious ingredients. Simple, easy, and enjoyable!
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 16-ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 16-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, thinly sliced; slices halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add the garlic and sauté 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to fully release into the oil.
- Add the broccoli, beans, pepper, 3 tablespoons water, and salt.
- Cover and adjust heat to medium. Steam, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes, or until the broccoli is hot and the pepper is crisp tender.
- Toss the pasta with the vegetables. Top with the Parmesan cheese and fresh pepper.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day