Get creative and inventive with your child's favourite. Make an ordinary pancake into a delicious and nutritious one by adding pumpkin into the batter! You can even create your own version of sweet potatoes or carrots!
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled, plus 1 tbsp for the skillet
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. In a bowl, stir together all the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg for 30 seconds. Add yogurt, pumpkin puree, and 2 tablespoons melted butter and beat well.
- Stir in dry ingredients and beat just until combined.
- Grease skillet lightly with butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake; flip when tops bubble and edges are slightly dry. Cook until other side is golden brown, 2 minutes per side.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day