A healthy breakfast makes all the difference. For your busy kids, they would appreciate if we exert extra effort for them, mas lalo na kung they spend most of their time in school. To ensure their nourishment despite their busy schedules—and to be able to show appreciation for their hard work—try this breakfast favourite with just a little twist!
- 1 big apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. butter
- Whisk together the cinnamon, sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, egg, vanilla, and milk until combined, but don't worry about lumps.
- Melt the butter in the skillet on medium heat. Add the apples, and then pour the batter over them. Cover the skillet with the lid and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the stove, take the skillet off the burner, and remove the lid.
- Use the spatula to loosen the cake from the sides of the skillet. Next, put the serving plate upside-down over the skillet, and flip the pancake onto the plate by turning the whole thing over.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day