Here's a different twist to pizza your picky eater will love. It makes for a yummy yet nourishing afternoon snack or dinner!
- 4 medium potatoes, washed and unpeeled
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella or melting cheese
- Melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Pizza toppings of your choice (sliced mushrooms, ham, ground beef, sausage, chopped bell peppers)
- Using a toothpick or a fork, prick potatoes all over. Place on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with a bowl. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Allow to cool.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise. Scoop out the center with a spoon, leaving a ¼-inch-thick flesh on the potato skin. Brush the entire potato with melted butter and season with some salt.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes in the oven toaster. Fill the potatoes with a spread of pizza sauce, cheese, and pizza toppings. Toast for 5 minutes, then, serve.
Remember to pair your child's meals with Lactum 3+ or 6+. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid to help make your child 100% nourished*. Para ikaw, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day