This breakfast recipe makes for a filling way to start a busy kid's day. You can also prepare the potatoes the night before to make cooking in the morning extra quick.
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium-sized potato, washed and scrubbed
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley, optional
- grilled cherry tomatoes, optional
- spring onions, chopped for garnish, optional
- For about 1-2 minutes, boil the potato until partially cooked. Allow to cool. Then, peel, cut into quarters, and slice thinly. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat ½ tbsp oil. Sauté onions until translucent. Add the potatoes and cook until light brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley.
- Add the potatoes to the beaten eggs. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Add egg mixture then cook on medium-low heat. When set, fold the egg over. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve with tomatoes.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day