Giving your kids something to snack on during an activity-filled day is a must. Try these nutritious Potato Carrot Cheese Balls to give them the nutrients they need for the day.
- 1 cup boiled and grated potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 cheese cube
- 1 brown bread slice, soaked and squeezed
- a pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil for cooking
- Cut the cheese cube into eight equal pieces and keep aside.
- Soak the bread slice in a bowl of water. Squeeze out the water and mash the bread and keep in a bowl.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, sugar, salt and mix well.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a flat round.
- Place a cheese cube in the centre of each round and shape into ovals.
- Cook on both sides on a lightly greased non-stick pan till golden brown using a little oil necessary.
- Serve hot.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day