The best way to a picky eaters' appetite is to delight him with food that has all the possible tastes—sweet, sour, and salty. This nourishing dish will ensure that your child would finish his meal.
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple chunks or tidbits, 3 tablespoons juice reserved
- 5 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 7 ounces extra-firm, water-packed tofu, drained, rinsed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1/2-by-2-inch strips
- Whisk the reserved 3 tablespoons pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup and sugar in a small bowl until smooth. Place tofu in a medium bowl; toss with 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Let marinate for 5 minutes. Add cornstarch to the remaining sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the tofu to the skillet using a spoon. Whisk any remaining marinade into the bowl of sauce. Cook the tofu, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown, 7 to 9 minutes total. Transfer the tofu to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring often, until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the sauce and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 30 seconds. Add the tofu and pineapple chunks (or tidbits) and cook, stirring gently, until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day