Soup is a food category that's both nourishing and comforting. It can be served anytime whether at the dinner table or when your child is sick. Try our Pasta soup in lieu of that chicken soup for your kid.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can peas, drained
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup uncooked ditalini pasta (short tube-shaped macaroni)
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in pot over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until lightly browned.
- Add water, chicken broth, cinnamon, pepper, peas and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and cook additional 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender but not overcooked.
- Stir in parsley.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day