When it comes to serving healthy meals for a distracted child, remember that it's all about stimulating their sense of taste so they can focus on the food that they are about to eat. Try Papaya-Shrimp Rice! This nourishing recipe presents a variety of flavors that can excite your child's taste buds.
- 4 tablespoon of butter
- 1 kilo shrimps, deveined
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 small papaya
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a pan. Saute garlic and onion.
- Chop papaya into small chunks. Put in a bowl.
- Add papaya and stir until papaya gets mushy. Remove from heat and put mixture in a bowl.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining butter.
- Saute shrimp for 4 minutes.
- Add papaya mixture into the pan and continue cooking shrimp over low heat until shrimp is cooked.
- Serve with a bowl of rice.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.