Ang mapiling bata ay minsan mahirap bigyan ng masustansiyang pagkain. This is where the mom's creativity is challenged. We all know that kids love chicken, and with this new recipe, you can serve your kid's favorite meal prepared the healthy way! This crispy and juicy dish can be served for merienda or even as your main course for lunch or dinner.
- 2-3 pcs. of chicken breast fillet, cut into strips
- 1 cup toasted walnuts (if not available, you may use chopped nuts)
- 1 ½ tsp. orange zest
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- Olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper
- After cutting the chicken breast into finger-like strips, marinade in mixture of 1 teaspoon of olive oil, crushed garlic, and milk. Set aside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Chop toasted walnuts or crush using a food processor or a blender and combine this with the orange zest.
- After marinating, season the chicken breast with salt and pepper. Dredge marinated chicken breast in flour, dip in egg, and coat with the walnut and orange zest mixture. Do this for all the chicken strips.
- Fry the chicken tenders using olive oil until golden brown. To lessen oil content, drain on paper towels.
- Serve in a tray with a dip of your choice. Mayonnaise, Sweet and Sour sauce, and Honey Mustard may be used, depending on your kid's preference. You may add some fries or potato wedges, if desired.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day