Distracted kids are challenging to feed. Para mapansin ng anak mo ang inihanda mong pagkain, use your creativity by incorporating his favorite food sa meal. If he's into cereals, this is the perfect recipe to try:
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of high fiber cereal
- 1/3 canola oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 cup of low fat milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup chopped raisins, dates, or dried mangoes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease some silicone muffin containers and leave for a couple of minutes.
- Combine oatmeal, cereal, and milk. Leave for awhile and wait until the cereal and oatmeal becomes soft.
- On a separate container, beat the egg and add in the oil and butter. Mix until everything is blended and pour to the oatmeal, cereal, and milk blend.
- In another bowl, put in the flour, salt, baking powder, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Mix together and add dried fruit of choice. Pick the dried fruit according to your child's preference. Combine and fold this with the oatmeal mixture.
- Once everything is mixed, pour mixture into individual muffin pans. Bake muffins for around 20-30 minutes or until cooked.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day