This convenient-to-eat dish packs a lot of nutrients because of the amount of vegetables it contains. Try this recipe to keep your busy child nourished!
- cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- tsp dry mustard powder
- lbs ground chicken and beef
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces
- cup onion, finely chopped
- cup carrots, shredded
- cup zucchini or cucumber, shredded
- cup fresh parsley, chopped
- cup milk
- 1-2 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- tsp dried sage
- tsp salt
- tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F or 175C.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, ketchup and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients with your hands. Transfer and pat the mixture into 8 mini-loaf pans. Spread mustard mixture evenly on top of each loaf.
- Bake the loaves uncovered for 45 minutes. The meat is done when it has browned and its juices are clear.
- Remove any excess liquid from the pans. Transfer the loaves into serving dishes.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day