Serve this nutritious meal to get your busy child nourished as he does his homework. It's also great as baon to share with schoolmates!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup finely diced apple
- 2 tbsp pineapple tidbits
- 1 tbsp grape jelly
- 1 ½ tsp mustard
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- Dash of smoked paprika
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of salt
- Cherry or sliced medium tomatoes
- Bread to make mini rolls
- Combine all ingredients except lettuce, tomatoes, bread and cheese. Shape into small patties about 1 ½ to 2 inches in diameter.
- Cook the patties in a skillet over medium heat. Allow each side to cook for 3 minutes or until light brown. Check patties if cooked by slicing one in the center. If baking in an oven, cook for about 20 minutes.
- Cut out rounds from the bread using a small round cookie cutter, a small lid or glass.
- Arrange a patty, a slice of cheese, a lettuce leaf and a tomato slice in ascending order in between two bread rounds. Hold the ingredients together by inserting a toothpick from the top of the burger.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day