Put a seasonal spin to pizzas by shaping the crust into Christmas trees. Get your child to decorate each pizza with veggies and any topping he likes.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cups wheat or regular flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
(Toppings – optional choices)
- Spinach leaves
- Sliced tomatoes
- Ham, sliced into squares
- Yellow bell peppers, cut into different shapes
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients. Knead and form into a ball using your hands or a mixer. Let it sit for 30 minutes and allow it to rise.
- Roll the dough flat. Allow to sit for another 5-10 minutes before rolling out the dough some more. Cut dough into triangles. Cut slits on the sides of the triangles to make the crust look like trees.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with white sauce and decorate with toppings of choice beginning with spinach leaves.
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Then, sauté garlic.
- Add milk and flour. Stir until mixture is no longer lumpy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook while stirring constantly until sauce has thickened.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day