Step-up the usual sandwich by giving your kids these creative and nutritious option. You can even let him add a favorite veggie for the toppings!
- 8 bread slices
- 2 tsp milk
- 6 tbsp grated cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cooked corn (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- butter for grilling
- Combine the milk, cheese, onions, tomatoes, corn, mustard powder, butter and salt. Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Toast the bread on both sides till they are golden brown.
- Spread a portion of the mixture on each toasted slice.
- Grill till the cheese melts.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day