Mommies, here's one nutritious meal that's sure to get your distracted child's attention—fruit and sausage delights! This festive and colourful combination of raisins, pineapple, ginger and bell peppers is a flavorsome change to the classic sausage meal.
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup pineapple bits
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with ¼ cup pineapple juice
- Red Bell Pepper (optional)
- In a pan, heat oil then sauté onions.
- Cook sausage and slice them into thin pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and sliced sausages. Mix.
- Season to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.