Kung nagiging challenge parin ang pagiging picky eater ng inyong anak, try to introduce him to a new dish that is both nutritious and tasty. Try this new recipe from Lactum: Eggplant Fries
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 tsps garlic powder
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- oil for frying
- 3 baby eggplants or 2 medium eggplants
- salt for seasoning
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- In a heavy-bottom medium saucepan, heat at least two inches of oil.
- Peel the eggplants and slice into 3/4-inch fingers (for medium eggplants) or cut into rounded slices (for baby eggplants).
- Toss the eggplant slices a few at a time in the seasoned flour until well coated.
- When the oil is ready, drop a few sticks of eggplant into the oil – they should begin sizzling immediately. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan or have the oil temperature drop too much.
- When they begin to brown (about a minute) flip them over and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute.
- Remove the eggplant fries from the oil and let drain on a cooling rack. Serve hot with a shake of salt and a drizzle of honey.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day