Mommies, if your kid is always on-the-go and has limited time to eat, try to stir up quick and healthy meals for him. A recommended recipe from Lactum is the egg rice soup. This is perfect for kids on-the-go because soup is a satisfying meal on its own. Plus, egg and rice are rich in nutrients that can help fuel up the energy of your kids to get them through the day.
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Beat egg yolks and milk together.
- Heat chicken broth in a saucepan.
- Pour 1/2 cup of broth into egg mixture then pour mixture in a thin stream back into the broth in the saucepan.
- Heat gently until soup thickens slightly, stirring frequently.
- Add rice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm with wheat croutons.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day