This French toast and peanut butter jelly combination will likely be a favorite pick for your picky eater. Serve it with fruits for a nutritious but yummy breakfast or snack!
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- ⅔ cup reduced fat milk
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 6 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Combine milk, egg, baking powder, vanilla extract, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Place bread slices on a flat surface. Spread 2 tbsp strawberry jam over 4 slices and 1 ½ tbsp peanut butter over the other 4. Assemble sandwiches. Dip each carefully in the milk mixture and coat evenly.
- On a large skillet heated over medium-high fire, add 1 ½ tsp canola oil. Cook coated sandwiches in the skillet for 2 minutes. Remove from pan when toasted.
- Place cooked sandwiches on plates. Slice diagonally in half. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day