Easy to prepare, carry, and eat, this nutritious dish works well for your busy kids as breakfast on the school bus or as an after-school treat.
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter, plus extra to grease pan
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Blend all ingredients. Let the batter chill in the refrigerator for one hour to smoothen mixture and remove bubbles. The batter may also be prepared two days in advance.
- Over medium-high heat, allow an 8 to 10-inch non-stick pan to heat up before coating its surface with a little extra butter.
- Pour about ¼ cup of batter into the center of the pan. Swirl the pan to spread out the batter into a thin, even layer. Let it cook for 45 seconds, then flip. Continue cooking for another 20 seconds. Remove from heat. Repeat the process for the remaining batter.
- Lay one sheet of crepe on a plate then fill it with ingredient combinations you like. You may add cream and sliced fruits, ham and cheese, peanut butter and jam, or bananas and chocolate spread. Serve.
- Store unused crepes in the refrigerator with each sheet separated by wax paper. Crepes may also be stored in an airtight container in the freezer up to a month.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day