How do you get a distracted kid interested to eat? Combine two ingredients that kids love most: corn and cheese!
- 2 10-oz bags of frozen corn, defrosted
- ½ cup light cream
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 ½ tbsp butter, divided
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated and divided
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter then transfer it into a straight-sided 2-quart baking dish.
- Add 2-3 tbsp parmesan cheese to the melted butter by sprinkling.
- In a sauce pan, combine light cream and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower the heat then add the corn. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt and sugar.
- Take 2 tbsp of butter and combine it with flour to make a paste. Stir it into the sauce pan and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened. Add the Parmesan but reserve a little as topping. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the corn into a baking dish and top it with the remaining Parmesan.
- Place the baking dish into the oven without a cover. Bake it for 30 minutes or until it has turned golden brown with a bubbly texture.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day