This refreshingly tasty and nourishing dish is convenient to eat for your busy kid!
- 8 ounces crab meat
- 1 kiwi fruit, sliced (may be replaced with 2 tbsp pineapple)
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp honey mustard
- 1 tsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning or any herb mixture of choice
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Mix breadcrumbs, seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl to form the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients except fruit and honey mustard and shape into small patties.
- Coat the crab cakes with breadcrumb mixture. Then cook in a pan with a little oil for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
- Top with the fruit and a dollop of honey mustard sauce. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day