Kung nagsasawa na ang inyong picky eater sa mga usual dishes, why don't you try to cook something new? Ang technique not to overwhelm your child is to slowly introduce new kinds of dishes. Like this Corn and Potato Soup, the ingredients are familiar to him pero it might be the first time na kakainin niya ito as a soup.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4-5 medium potatoes, diced
- 2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup milk
- a splash of cream (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium high heat, add oil and saute onions for about 5 minutes, until tender. Then mix in flour.
- Add vegetable broth and mix until smooth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add chopped potatoes. Simmer for about 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Mash some potatoes if soup needs more thickness (optional).
- Stir in corn, milk and cream. Cook for another 5-7 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day