Preparing healthy meals for picky eaters is a challenge that moms face everyday. To help you encourage your child to try other nourishing meals aside from their favorite food, try serving a dish that is both enticing and delicious. Try this new recipe recommended by Lactum 3+/6+: Chunky Beef Soup
- ½ cup uncooked rice
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup potatoes
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cup chopped cooked beef
- Boil broth. Reduce heat, add rice and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, potatoes and celery. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a pan, melt butter over low heat and stir in flour.
- Gradually add milk to the mixture and stir in a cup of the broth from the soup. Cook until it boils and thickens.
- Add the mixture to the soup. Stir until blended.
- Add the meat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.