Who can say no to a rice meal? The good thing about fried rice, you can experiment and include different nutritious ingredients. Most importantly, staple food na nating mga Filipino ang rice kaya naman, this is the recipe you definitely need to try for your picky eater!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated and peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup store-bought chicken stock
- (Optional) 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, sliced on the diagonal into thirds
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Cook chicken until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook rice according to package instructions; set aside. Pound chicken breasts until 1/4 inch thick. Cut into strips (recommended each to be 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide). Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium; add remaining tablespoon of oil. Add eggs.
- Just as the whites begin to set, stir egg and scramble then add ginger.
- Add reserved rice and bell pepper then stir fry for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, sugar, and stock then follow up with the peas and chicken. Cook until heated through, at about 3 minutes.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day