Make this grab-and-go dish for your busy kids. It's not only nutritious but it also allows different versions other than a shrimp filling!
- ½ cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 16 medium shrimps, peeled and deveined (or replace it with fish fillets, chicken breast, or beef giniling)
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven toaster or conventional oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Cheddar and mozzarella cheeses in a bowl, then set aside.
- Combine onion, tomatoes and cilantro. Season and then set aside.
- Brush a grill pan lightly with oil. Season shrimp with salt and pepper then cook in the pan until it is cooked thoroughly. Set aside.
- Grill flour tortillas on the same pan then spread some tomato mixture onto one half of the grilled side.
- Place 4 shrimps over the tomato mixture then sprinkle the cheese over the shrimps.
- Fold tortilla and transfer to a baking tray. Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remaining ingredients.
- Place prepared tortillas in the oven for 2 minutes or just until the cheese melts.
- Prepare the dip by combining sour cream and paprika together. Season with salt.
- Transfer quesadillas to a large plate. Serve the sour cream dip on the side or drizzle it over the quesadillas.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day