Is your child not eating enough fruits? To help ensure your child's nourishment, try cooking this new recipe recommended by Lactum: Cheesy Apple Melt. This recipe will help encourage your child to eat more fruits as you combine it with cheese and eggs to enhance its flavor.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup grated cheese
- In a bowl, mix apples, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Melt a half of the butter in a pan and adding the mixture prepared earlier.
- Remove from heat when the apple turns brown.
- Beat the eggs.
- In a frying pan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook.
- Put half of the apple mixture and a half of the grated cheese at the center of the omelette. Fold egg over to cover the mixture.
- Settle in a plate. Sprinkle cheese over the omelette. Serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day
Reference: Shiela Ellison and Judith Gray (2005). 365 Foods Kid Love to Eat (3rd edition). Illinois, USA: Sourcebooks, Inc.