When it comes to picky eater kids and their nutrition, the trick in feeding them vegetables is to become creative. This broccoli cheese soup is a perfect example!
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 lb. fresh broccoli, stems and florets separated and chopped into pieces
- 6-8 cups chicken stock or onion stock
- 2 cups grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- Add the broccoli and chicken stock and bring to a simmer; cook for about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is very tender.
- In a large, heavy pot heat the oil and butter over medium-high heat. Saute the onion for about 5 minutes, until soft; add the garlic and cook for another minute, then add the flour and stir to coat everything well.
- Transfer some of it to the blender or food processor to process until smooth, leaving some larger chunks if you like.
- Add the cheese and cream and heat through, stirring just until the cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day