It's time to get your distracted eaters to try this nourishing and delicious meal he surely can't get enough of! Just in time for the rainy days too! With this, you sure are to meet the right nutrition for kids.
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cloves peeled garlic
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole milk, or 3/4 cup half and half
- Cheese, grated (optional)
- Put the broccoli, potatoes, garlic, and chicken broth into the sauce pot, and bring to a boil on high heat. When the soup boils, reduce the heat to medium, and cook 10 to 12 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Use the slotted spoon to transfer the broccoli and garlic to the blender.
- Add the pureed broccoli mixture back to the broth, and bring the soup back to a simmer.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, and milk. Don't boil the soup after the milk has been added, just heat it to a good eating temperature. If you want, sprinkle some cheese onto each bowl of soup.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day