Indulge your picky eater's cravings with a nutritious banana snack. You can also serve this for dessert together with a small scoop of frozen yogurt!
- 24 eggroll wrappers
- 6 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate spread or warm melted dark chocolate (healthier version)
- Frying oil
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 tsp cinnamon for dusting
- Slice each banana in half, crosswise, then cut each half into four lengthwise pieces.
- Combine powdered sugar and cinnamon until both are mixed evenly. Set aside.
- Lay one sheet of egg roll wrapper. Spread about 1 tsp of chocolate against one corner of the wrapper, ideally about 2 inches away from the corner.
- Place 2 banana slices on top of the chocolate.
- Fold the corner of the wrapper over the banana and roll until midway. Tuck in the left and right ends of the wrapper, then, roll it completely.
- Seal the rolls by brushing a bit of water on the edge of the wrapper. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the oil until it is hot enough for frying. Fry the rolls until golden brown. Transfer and drain on paper towels before placing the rolls on a serving plate.
- On the serving plate, dust the rolls with powdered sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.
Remember to give your child Lactum 3+ or 6+ with his meals. Lactum has the essential nutrients found in food groups from the food pyramid. It helps make your child 100% nourished*, and you, mom, 100% panatag!
*with 3 balanced meals a day